Monday, May 24, 2010

So, the last time I went on a date was two days ago.

But before that, the last time I went on a date, the year began with a 1. So I'm not overly familiar with this weird combination of happy, sad, nauseous and slightly angry. Is this just being happy and sad and angry and possibly eating too many French fries at one sitting, or does it mean something else?

And what does it mean when you take out a business card and moon over it several times a day? (Sunday night, I was literally taking it everywhere, so I've gotten better.) Actually, I'm going to answer that: getting all googly eyed over someone's business card makes me an idiot. Which would be par for the course with me and romance.

And, no, I don't know how the other party feels. He stayed for three hours, paid for lunch, laughed at my jokes, went "awwww" when I showed him a picture of the cat, and complimented my backside. I think this is good, but since the last time I went out to a restaurant with a date, the dude stiffed the waitress and I had to pretend I had to pee in order to go back in and leave her a tip, maybe I don't know what a good date is. Even if all of the above means nothing to this other party, and it all goes nowhere fast, I have to say it was nice to feel beautiful for three hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home