Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I love me a survey! And I've been inspired by Jacklyn, so... here's more information about your little Islander.

A. 4 jobs I have had in my life
1 – Kroger – Bakery/deli. Not a thrill, but I did work there six months without slicing my thumb in the meat slicer, which I gather is an accomplishment.
2 – Borders – Five plus years of more workplace politics than I thought I could stand. I didn’t have any weird stalkers, but I did at one point shelve the business and science section and constantly had men asking me, “Who really shelves this section?” Why, the little lady right here, dipstick.
3 – WorldCom – Yes, Bernie Ebbers laid me off and all I got was a lousy... actually several items of clothing. They never wanted us to go naked. Other than the clothes and the excellent friends I made there, the best part of having worked there is when MCI calls me now and I say, “You all laid me off, do you really think I’m going to switch to your phone service?” Beats “I’m not interested, thanks.”
4 – The place I work now, which I will not dignify with putting its name in my blog. Ever. Even after I’ve quit and have gone on to a far better, cooler job.

B. 4 movies I would watch over and over
1 – They Might Be Giants
2 – North by Northwest
3 – Blazing Saddles (I have been known to hum “I’m So Tired” at work)
4 – I guess I don’t really watch that many movies! I used to say Breakfast at Tiffany’s but now Mickey Rooney’s character makes me want to punch the television screen and break my fist, so guess not. Now there’s a movie that *should* be remade if only to take his character completely out. I don’t know how you could replace Patricia Neal, though, since she’s perfect in her part.

C. 4 places I have lived
1 – My hometown which shall remain nameless, for pretty much the same reasons I won’t name where I work
2 – Bowling Green, OH
3 – Columbus, OH
4 – hmm, maybe I need to expand my horizons a little

D. 4 TV shows I love to watch
1 – Numbers
2 – Whose Line is It Anyway? (English and American versions)
3 – Antiques Roadshow
4 – perhaps I also need to watch more television!

E. 4 places I have been on vacation (as an adult)
1 – Athens, OH (due to having lots of friends there)
2 – Montreal (my favorite)
3 – Washington, DC (not my favorite, especially in August)
4 – Frankenmuth, MI (going back again in a few weeks)

F. Websites I visit daily (a few times a week)
1 – cinematical.com
2 – guardian.co.uk
3 – mojo4music.com
4 – defamer.com (my guiltiest pleasure, especially the parts where they’re trying to guess the subject of Ted Casablanca’s blind items, and naming all the idiot celebrities that have been spotted in LA. I love that crap, as Lynx will tell you)

G. 4 of my favorite foods
1 – India Relish from Trader Joe’s (with naan bread)
2 - Thin Mints, with a glass of milk, at 2 AM
3 – homemade vanilla ice cream
4 – sesame chicken

H. 4 places I would rather be right now
1 – anywhere that’s not work
2 – hiking through Scotland (not that I’ve actually been to Scotland, but it’s always sounded cool)
3 – hanging out with my friends in Dayton or Athens
4 – in Montreal, looking out over the St. Lawrence

And hopefully I won't blow my blog up by updating it two days in a row...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynx said...

YAY! You updated! It was worth logging on again for that reason alone!

I'll call you as soon as we manage to get a new phone number!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home