Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I suppose it'd be great if I could come up with something profound to say for my very first blog post. But it's about 11 PM on a Wednesday so I think I'll let it go. One thing I do have to say, though, is that when you've been reading as far back as you can remember, it's fricken hard to pick out three or four books as your favorites. I think my choices are OK, although in light of what I've talked about with Miss Lynx, perhaps I should have chosen The Valley of Fear over The Hound of the Baskervilles?... oh, well, I can always go back and change it later.

Oh, and the company that had the nice minty envelopes ended up laying me off. I did wonder at first if it was because they'd spent too much money on envelopes, only to realize later after several indictments were handed out that envelopes were probably irrelevant to the company's survival. I did spend many an excellent afternoon with my friend Em at the coffee station discussing The Matrix and The Lord of the Rings though. No experience is ever wasted. I was raised in a rural Midwestern household by the descendents of German and Scottish immigrants, so you'd better believe that I learned not to waste anything. Not even minty envelopes. I (with my then-manager's permission, thief takers!) ended up taking a box home. It makes paying the rent slightly more enjoyable than it otherwise would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home